Different things to look at

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Mini-Reunion

   Sometimes, the Lord just makes your day. Did you know that?
 
   About 8 months ago, when I was yet a wee-young missionary, I interviewed a man for baptism. I'm not going to talk about what we discussed, but during that 45 minutes of talking with him, I had one of the most spiritual experiences of my mission, let alone my life. It truly was a sacred experience that I'll treasure for a long, long time.
   His interview went well an he was soon baptized and confirmed a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Everything was good. I saw him a few times after that, but not too many. Soon afterward, I was transferred. I went on my way as a missionary, called a to a different place to continue preaching the Gospel.
   Last week, however, something cool happened.
   My companion and I were headed over to a member of our church's home to have dinner with them. We had both been there before, so I was rather shocked to find a different lady answer the door than the one who lives there, although she seemed familiar. She said, "Hello!" but then stopped and stared for a moment. Then a question - "Elder Nuckles?!"
   I knew that I knew her from somewhere. I couldn't place her, though. I started to open my mouth and then she said, "I'm Matt's wife! And he's in here! Sister Brown is my mom!" With that, it all clicked.
   I poked my head in the door to see Matt, the man I interviewed for baptism, sitting on the couch with their son. I was so excited. I ran in and talked to him. It was so good to see him! After so many months, to see him and know that his testimony is still strong and that he is still active in the church! It was really a day-maker. That's all I can say about it. It was just... great!
  
   I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true and that it is indeed Christ's Church, led by Him. I know that He loves us and cares for us and that He wants nothing except our eternal happiness, to live with our Father in Heaven once again.
  



1 comment:

  1. No way! that's so awesome!!!! gotta love that. God loves you Elder, this post proves it. :D

    ReplyDelete